UK Sport is responsible for co-ordinating the bidding and staging of major international sporting events across the UK. UK Sport works in partnership with sporting and regional partners to ensure that important international events are staged in the UK, to a world leading standard.
Between 2007 and 2012, UK Sport’s World Class Events Programme distributed around £3.5 million of National Lottery funding each year to support the bidding and staging of major international sporting events on home soil in preparation for London 2012. The programme supported 118 events in 35 different towns and cities across the UK between 2007 – 2012 attracting around 30,000 athletes and over 27,000 opportunities for officials and volunteers to develop key skills ahead of London 2012.
The success of this programme has led to the development of an ambitious event hosting strategy for the post London 2012 period, which will see National Lottery investment increase to £5 million per year.
Find out more about the 2007 – 2012 UK Sports Major Events Strategy - http://www.uksport.gov.uk/pages/2007-2012-Events/
- A very special surprise for our squad yesterday. Parents, friends & coaches presented players with their #HWC2018 k… t.co/bHyn4jM8Dy
- Do you have world cup fever? It's only 4⃣days away, right here in #London 😲🤪🎉 🙋♀️Hands up if you're coming to… t.co/kzWgJtFCCm
- 📺 | Phase one of our #DiscoverYourGold testing is now complete! Check out some of the best bits and find out what… t.co/oiEJCsWSYf
- The ☀️ wave might make it feel as though the 🛷 season is a million miles away but the hard graft never stops for 🇬🇧… t.co/P7aLgGyz7W
- Fantastic achievement from on all the 🇬🇧 team at the Athletics World Cup this weekend! Each and every point at the… t.co/uzyVnLj4Av