This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- We're sorry we've been inactive for a while, it's been a busy year this year!😅 Look out for our next tweet with our… t.co/uZ8fCtBwLF
- £4m from @BIGScotland will be split between 17 community groups t.co/jltlvpCSdt t.co/2FN4KhU8la
- Less than a month left to apply for our #Community #Funding - bag up to £4k for your group to do something amazing… t.co/cOtpinNPY9
- Hoping to evaluate the work you do and improve the way you work? Read @EvalSupScot's guest blog on how to create a… t.co/1Q4lDi6mVr
- Third sector leader? There's only a couple of weeks left to apply to the Cascading Leadership programme run by… t.co/mfQDpuCBOV