The organisation works with thousands of participants every year, including “at risk” children and young people and underprivileged families and adults from disadvantaged areas. It believes that through playing and enjoying sport people can improve their health, build their skills, and raise their confidence, and that it can bring communities together to tackling social problems, and improving their quality of life.
The National Lottery has enabled Sport for Life to achieve their vision by funding programmes in activites from football, basketball and badminton to table tennis, aerobics and golf. It has also helped to provide healthy eating courses and sports coaching.
For more information visit www.sport4life.org.uk
Sport 4 Life is funded by Sport England
Are you associated with this project and wish to give us more info? Please get in touch
- Great hosting a day with @Sport4LifeUK last Tues suiting young people ready for employment success. Looking forward… t.co/SSpj7YRaC3
- We're delighted the government has agreed to a new £90m fund to support young people from BAME backgrounds back int… t.co/VjIxOvBqIX
- Staff and young people had a fantastic weekend in Lancashire celebrating our new partnership with JD Foundation.… t.co/pmqDLUHDIZ
- Today was the last day for the GetFit4Employment group at @Sport4LifeUK. Many thanks to @ERMasonYC for assisting us… t.co/YWb5nAilJP
- @CommonGoalOrg Velkommen til teamet, Sofie og Kasper! t.co/lDsrAhpu00