UK Sport is responsible for co-ordinating the bidding and staging of major international sporting events across the UK. UK Sport works in partnership with sporting and regional partners to ensure that important international events are staged in the UK, to a world leading standard.
The Gold Event Series is ensuring a major events legacy from London 2012 by making the most of the new facilities and skills to establish the UK as one of the world’s leading host nations. £27 million of National Lottery money is being invested into the Gold Event SeriesMajor events included within this programme will support British athletes, create high-profile opportunities to engage people with sport, use and demonstrate the legacy of London 2012 and Glasgow 2014 and produce positive economic and social impacts for the UK.
The series is aiming to attract:
2.5 million spectators
25,000 Officials and Volunteers
70 major events targeted including
36 World and European Championships
£287 million economic boost
Find out more about the 2013 – 2019 The Gold Event Series - http://www.uksport.gov.uk/pages/gold-events-series/
- “We should always challenge ourselves to do things better” Dame Katherine Grainger opens the #WCPC17 by talking a… t.co/WX6RNs71bh
- 🎥 "The #WCPC17 is about 350 people right across the system getting together to learn from each other, to share & to… t.co/R6fAF06zly
- “Getting our culture right is simply the right thing to do” Dame Katherine Grainger has been @BritishCycling today… t.co/ngBhPUDssx
- Elise Christie came away with a fantastic World Cup GOLD this weekend 🥇 @GB_ShortTrack are funded by the… t.co/s9r0PhZp3N
- All ready for our World Class Performance Conference to begin here in Manchester⬇️🎄 Thanks to the #NationalLottery… t.co/qaZPYKBoqN