UK Sport is responsible for co-ordinating the bidding and staging of major international sporting events across the UK. UK Sport works in partnership with sporting and regional partners to ensure that important international events are staged in the UK, to a world leading standard.
The Gold Event Series is ensuring a major events legacy from London 2012 by making the most of the new facilities and skills to establish the UK as one of the world’s leading host nations. £27 million of National Lottery money is being invested into the Gold Event SeriesMajor events included within this programme will support British athletes, create high-profile opportunities to engage people with sport, use and demonstrate the legacy of London 2012 and Glasgow 2014 and produce positive economic and social impacts for the UK.
The series is aiming to attract:
2.5 million spectators
25,000 Officials and Volunteers
70 major events targeted including
36 World and European Championships
£287 million economic boost
Find out more about the 2013 – 2019 The Gold Event Series - http://www.uksport.gov.uk/pages/gold-events-series/
- 🥊| How did #NationalLottery funding help the home nation boxers have such a successful #GC2018 Commonwealth Games?… t.co/hvMLv2RbSE
- 🥇 | #DiscoverYourGold At the #GC2018 Commonwealth Games, there were nearly 3⃣0⃣0⃣ disabled athletes, 7⃣3⃣% more th… t.co/Hu7yaAai98
- 🥇 | There's still time to #DiscoverYourGold Sign up now for your chance to become a future champion 💯… t.co/MJLwUDwQJG
- 📄 | “The performances from the home nations are a real testament to the impact of #NationalLottery funding at UK an… t.co/TNIdOQfpLP
- ⁉️ Did you know, at the #GC2018 Commonwealth Games.... ➡️ 58% of the medals won by home nation athletes in Olympic… t.co/bxbFGGrmwn