Scotland’s National Lottery funded Community Sport Hubs bring together local people, house local clubs and provide information and advice to make it easier for local people to lead a more active and healthier lifestyle. Renfrewshire has Community Sport Hubs in Renfrew, Paisley East, Ferguslie, Johnstone, Paisley South, Erskine/Inchinnan/Bishopton, Castle Semple and Linwood.
sportscotland set up the hubs in order to create more opportunities for people to participate in physical activity by improving access and offering affordable prices. Each hub offers something different to support its local community. A key aim of the hubs is to train and develop the people that make sport happen, in order to ensure sports clubs and organisation are self sustainable. By working well with local partners and organisations the hubs can develop genuine community engagement and leadership.
With a £1.5 million investment over five years, sportscotland will develop community sport hubs in each of the 32 local authority areas in Scotland. By increasing the number of sporting opportunities, improving the quality of activities on offer and providing accessible, affordable facilities the hubs are helping communities to lead healthier, more active lifestyles.
- Be proud @musgraveandrew @Callumrsmith92 @roy_y and all the #CrossCountrySkiing support team #ScotsOnTeamGB 🏴… t.co/YCMLiqOPIC
- Be proud @Charlie_Guest1 @skitilley3 on a fine debut #Olympics #ScotsOnTeamGB 👏❄️🏴🇬🇧 #AlpineSkiing… t.co/DGd7UYjzg5
- Amazing news from #PyeongChang2018 overnight - congratulations @billymorgan89 and #snowboard support team… t.co/PhhQijc2Pv
- @sfoasport @stfrancisoa @PEPASSGlasgow @Team_Muirhead @scottishcurling @jacqueline_lynn @thomsonnicola9… t.co/w9Mg21Kaaj
- A great story of strong pathways in sport, and a huge amount of hard work and dedication, to achieve goals! 🏑We’re… t.co/T8kP56OSpP