Tired, worn out, old facilities make it harder for people to start or keep doing sport. They can also be more expensive to run and difficult to maintain. That’s why the National Lottery is helping community sports centres to stay at the top of their game through Sport England’s Inspired Facilities fund. The fund is aiming to help hundreds of groups to refurbish or upgrade their old sports facility, or convert an existing building into a venue where the whole community can come together to enjoy sport and exercise.
Since the scheme began facilities across England have benefitted from improvements including the creation of warm changing rooms, the installation of showers, more efficient and affordable heating and electricity, new windows, new lighting, better pitches, modern sports equipment and perhaps most importantly, many facilities have been made more accessible to people of all abilities so that everyone in the community can enjoy them.
For more information about Sport England and their Inspired Facilities programme visit www.sportengland.org.uk/inspiredfacilities
Are you associated with this project and wish to give us more info? Please get in touch
- Walking for just half an hour every day has immense #health benefits. Please retweet. t.co/NxkUjf95NM
- Michelle's story proving the bonds formed through coaching extend far beyond sport. @LeytonNC Comment below with… t.co/Bjf3Wj5F4F
- Your essential guide to great #coaching. (via @BelievePHQ) t.co/RrgvDOypvz
- Day 1️⃣1️⃣ of our sporting #AdventCalendar celebrates the 1️⃣1️⃣ senior England goals ⚽️ scored by captain… t.co/ddU7lJXOVQ
- Giving children and young people a positive experience of #sport is crucial. t.co/qn76FDYrR8