This is just one of many sports clubs across Wales supported by the National Lottery.
Sport Wales’ Community Chest offers grant of up to £1500 over a 12 month period to support activities that encourage more people to become more active, more often and to raise the standard of existing activities.
With National Lottery support hundreds of local sports clubs have been able to purchase new equipment and train coaches, ensuring high quality sports activities are on offer to the local community.
Sport Wales is dedicated to getting all members of society involved in sport and physical activity. Organisations are able to apply for a second £1500 grant to help their club support the legacy of London 2012 or to reach out to certain groups of society. This includes people from ethnic minority groups, women and girls, and people with a disability.
For more information visit www.sportwales.org.uk
Are you associated with this project and wish to give us more info? Please get in touch
- Survey reveals sport’s impact on the happiness of the nation. 😀 Arolwg yn datgelu effaith chwaraeon ar hapusrwydd y… t.co/l8BsSq4sCj
- Gall chwaraeon eich gwneud chi’n hapus. Dyma beth ddywedodd pobl Cymru wrthyn ni am y cyswllt rhwng chwaraeon a h… t.co/1yUm8nfdml
- In a similar situation to Katie? Merched - dim amser i wneud chwaraeon? Head over to @OurSquadCymru to get invol… t.co/rjIQql3YWl
- Sport can make you happy. 😀 Here’s what the people of Wales told us about the link between sport and happiness. 😀… t.co/6ff059DRlQ
- Calling #OurSquad 🎙️ We know women in Wales are less active than men. Tomorrow we break it down and listen to wh… t.co/ryHomGDHv5