This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- Thinking of applying for funding? This time we'll look at cases where involving the whole community could be chall… t.co/iMJ8Qp4fSX
- @GivinitLaldie @volactionfund @BBCCiN looks like an amazing time had by all
- What an amazing Winter Warmer 2018! Thanks to all who volunteered their time and skills to make it such a success &… t.co/aLOqNOpU0z
- To help you get that festive Friday feeling! Here's what happened when Santa paid a visit to our friends… t.co/SyzPVRvKWN
- Remember, don't be scared to pick up the phone and talk to your funder if you take on #digitaltrustees & want to ma… t.co/FavK0DrEwg