This project is just one of many to have received a grant from the Local Food programme, which distributed grants from the Big Lottery Fund to a variety of food-related projects across England.
The £59.8 million programme offered grants which provide the opportunity for people to grow food locally. As a result, volunteering, training and job opportunities are created, providing people with chances to get involved with their local communities that they may not otherwise have.
Local Food has benefitted many people by bringing communities together to learn about the cultural diversity of food. With food being such a diverse issue, everyone can take part – regardless of their class, disability, age, or race. The projects also help to promote an awareness of the links between food and healthy living so that people can make long term improvements to their lifestyles.
For more information about projects funded through the Local Food programme visit www.localfoodgrants.org
- Latest @hyperlocalfood @localfoodgrants blog - #MexboroughFoodbank t.co/JtCC0LH004 @BiglfCommunity #doncasterisgreat #southyorkshire
- Fruit and veg portions: 'Seven a day better than five' t.co/teowQztF5z #r4today t.co/J4SiYL0xQC
- £30M Our Environment Our Future Visit @wildlifetrusts the UK portfolio lead t.co/4nUUBQ9hu9 #BigLottery t.co/xY4zeXHZWN
- @localfoodgrants Full conference programme for Thursday's conf Growing for Health t.co/QoJIfmn6Zq booking t.co/8VWWZshajA
- We've just updated r @HYPERLocalFood @localfoodgrants blog! t.co/Cis2ygL19e @BiglfCommunity @BigLotteryFund #southyorkshire #ilovedn