Foyle Women’s Aid provides shelter for women and children affected by domestic violence in Derry, Northern Ireland. National Lottery funding of £50,000 has allowed them to create a safe outdoor space for residents to enjoy. Comprising of a tranquil garden with barbeque area and picnic tables and a children’s play area, the Secret Garden allows residents of the shelter some respite from the stresses of communal living in a calm outdoor space.
Foyle Women’s Aid is a value based organisation, prioritising respect, understanding, shared learning, trust in clients, providing a non-judgemental service and challenging negative and stereotypical attitudes and beliefs surrounding domestic abuse. Foyle Women’s Aid values self-help and aims to enable clients to help themselves. Furthermore, it promotes both the rights of women and that of people in general.
Their aim is eliminate abusive behaviour by supporting all victims of abuse through awareness raising and preventative educational initiatives.
- Love Shouldn’t Hurt t.co/UkoA6KSbrH
- Am I Being Abused t.co/yzlfrbeRry
- Signs of Abuse t.co/zxrv21AO25
- Midwives trained to recognise #domesticabuse and support women sometimes do not realise or acknowledge they are vic… t.co/Xjeafa7QtP
- "I want every girl to know that her voice can change the world,” — Malala Yousefzai #DayOfTheGirl… t.co/jnn8Hk3v9C