This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- It's a fab Friday feeling for 12 Scottish groups as they share in £1.2m #NationalLottery good cause cash to help br… t.co/JNe0F4BV2x
- It's #NationalLottery jackpot joy Friday as 12 community groups across Scotland share in £1.2m funding -… t.co/6m4z1vS2vz
- What a fantastic morning, we had a meeting with @BIGScotland in our Peterhead office. It was a pleasure to share ou… t.co/d4KeDyr23x
- Mike always dreamed of performing but found it hard to go out & socialise because of his learning disability.… t.co/cGW1QfiX7M
- It's a £1.2m #NationaLottery jackpot for 12 Scottish groups as they share in funding announced today -… t.co/hq8LKO0wAo