Scotland’s National Lottery funded Community Sport Hubs bring together local people, house local clubs and provide information and advice to make it easier for local people to lead a more active and healthier lifestyle. In Dundee Sports Hubs can be found in Caird Park, Craigie, Dundee North West Community Sport Centres & West End.
sportscotland set up the hubs in order to create more opportunities for people to participate in physical activity by improving access and offering affordable prices. Each hub offers something different to support its local community. A key aim of the hubs is to train and develop the people that make sport happen, in order to ensure sports clubs and organisation are self sustainable. By working well with local partners and organisations the hubs can develop genuine community engagement and leadership.
With a £1.5 million investment over five years, sportscotland will develop community sport hubs in each of the 32 local authority areas in Scotland. By increasing the number of sporting opportunities, improving the quality of activities on offer and providing accessible, affordable facilities the hubs are helping communities to lead healthier, more active lifestyles.
- Proud to have supported this great project - and what a beautiful day for the festival! t.co/3ODgK15x7T
- Hugs congrats to the lovely @Dunks_Scott 👏🏼on winning first ever #NLAwards Athlete of the Year! Super proud to have… t.co/LMndg8bodR
- Congratulations to our first ever #NLAwards Athlete of the Year @Dunks_Scott! t.co/MZWJmxIrQV
- #NLAwards Athlete of the Year winner @Dunks_Scott: "Its been an incredible year and I couldn't have done it without… t.co/c9uYGLM4cd
- He’s only gone and done it! @Dunks_Scott is the #NLAwards Athlete of the Year 2018! 🙌🏻🎉🙌🏻🏆👏🏼 t.co/IqvCnGI9cr