With the help of the National Lottery, the Derry Theatre Trust was able to realise their vision and build a world class purpose-built theatre, conference centre and community facility for everyone to enjoy. That funding was instrumental in transforming Derry from ‘city of conflict’ to City of Culture, 2013.
The Forum’s location is steeped in history as it resides in what was Derry’s artistic and cultural “quarter” during the 19th century. In a city that was once deeply divided, the centre provides facilities and entertainment for the whole community.
The Arts Council of Northern Ireland has continued to fund many projects within the Forum to both improve the building and educate the audiences through activities such as theatre workshops.
Today the Derry Millennium Forum is a shining example of how are has the ability to reach across boundaries, inspiring, teaching and bringing people together.
- Featuring the very best from the Eagles’ repertoire including Hotel California, Take it to the Limit, Life in the F… t.co/jIg7GNHmJT
- BAFTA and Perrier award winning comedian, Dylan Moran, will perform at the Millennium Forum on Friday 28th Septembe… t.co/l0vLsJXMhw
- This year’s Millennium Forum Productions youth musical is the incredible ‘Cats’! Our talented young cast take to th… t.co/w7MWsPzOt8
- Customs & Exiles is a darkly comedic look at life on the Irish Land Frontier in 1988 with regard to language, liter… t.co/iispiqkhRo
- 🌟 JUST ANNOUNCED 🌟 Ex-Coronation Street favourite, Vicky Entwistle, will join Mollie Melia-Redgrave and Patrick Su… t.co/ISr74wvGXx