This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- To our many grantholders who tackle #loneliness and #isolation, @ScotGovFairer has published a new consultation on… t.co/frr6mxusC1
- The #NationalLottery funded @KSCVillage is helping local people to gain new skills from its community hub in Kilmar… t.co/L4Px5zEv7T
- 10 more research and pilot projects funded to help support disabled people to live independently. Want to know more… t.co/pSJfE9BYmC
- National Lottery funding for research led by disabled people in Scotland... t.co/T3M4oavNyD
- Vacancy: Thanks to funding from @BIGScotland we are looking for an inspirational Youth Engagement Officer to join o… t.co/7g8Mocq0DH