Since its inception AND has commissioned 60 new projects and worked with over 300 contemporary artists regionally, nationally and internationally. It was set up as a new partnership between FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology) in Liverpool, Cornerhouse in Manchester and folly digital arts in Lancaster, each of which engaged with digital culture in different and unique ways.I
n 2013, AND received additional funding to allow it to continue to deliver a world class annual festival of new cinema, digital culture and art. The programme will continue to be daring and inspire debate, producing work that is both critical and imaginative.The festival actively encourages artists and organisations in the creative industries to work together, looking at new ways to produce cinema, art and new media.
There is also support for productions that combine several art forms.This work will form the foundations of a secure and sustainable organisation which will allow the AND festival to return year after year and continue to expand and support the creation of new and exciting cinema and digital art.
- Thank you to FREEPORT: Critical talks curator @nathmercy + speakers @Rachelodwyer, Ollie Zhang, Mitra Azar, Dr Chri… t.co/0XV0vJW5KE
- FREEPORT: Terminal MCR was supported by @SalfordUni, co-funded with support from the @europe_creative programme and… t.co/jHsdJ5Iuur
- Rave culture, art dealership on the blockchain and the Cosmos... Thank you to everyone who came to FREEPORT: Critic… t.co/3aH6FLhpgI
- Want to know your #AR from your #VR? @hello_culture_ are giving artists & arts organisations a chance to make sen… t.co/jvPXa4HkbT
- Looking to secure funding or partnership support for your documentary or new media doc project? Apply to… t.co/bccT8qHgCq