Since its inception AND has commissioned 60 new projects and worked with over 300 contemporary artists regionally, nationally and internationally. It was set up as a new partnership between FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology) in Liverpool, Cornerhouse in Manchester and folly digital arts in Lancaster, each of which engaged with digital culture in different and unique ways.I
n 2013, AND received additional funding to allow it to continue to deliver a world class annual festival of new cinema, digital culture and art. The programme will continue to be daring and inspire debate, producing work that is both critical and imaginative.The festival actively encourages artists and organisations in the creative industries to work together, looking at new ways to produce cinema, art and new media.
There is also support for productions that combine several art forms.This work will form the foundations of a secure and sustainable organisation which will allow the AND festival to return year after year and continue to expand and support the creation of new and exciting cinema and digital art.
- if you're having scroll-for-more anxiety on today's latest disaster news, I can recommend my project… t.co/D8graZeKwc
- You still have time to submit your Board Member application, deadline is Friday 14 December:… t.co/EXp2at8i0t
- Amazing location for this stunning work. Anyone in Cornwall this December ... head here ⤵️ t.co/c0cVLT6csa
- My fondest memory of #NicholasRoeg is @ANDfestival in 2009 when he said of an interactive work - “ I don’t like wor… t.co/anTMNds3g7
- Check out @MetalLiverpool's new artist lab in response to climate change: t.co/L1Qncb8Ods