Sport Wales is the national organisation responsible for increasing participation and improving performance in sport in Wales.
Llantwit Major lead the way for Welsh schools
Llantwit Major School has become the first in Wales to complete the national School Sport Survey 2013.Read more
Sport Wales uses money from The National Lottery and Government to support individuals, clubs, and local authorities that are dedicated to improving sports provision, participation and performance in Wales.
Sport Wales offers separate funding programmes for community groups and elite athletes. Community projects can get help to purchase new equipment, train new coaches or volunteers, start up a new team, improve their facility and more. Advanced athletes can apply for support to help them get on the path to Olympic or Paralympic glory, or, if their sport is not featured in the Games, train to the highest possible competition level.
As well as awarding funding, Sport Wales also operates The Sport Wales National Centre in Cardiff and Plas Menai National Watersports Centre on the banks of the Menai Strait, between Bangor and Caernarfon.
To find out more about Sport Wales visit their website.
- ⭐️Uchafbwyntiau | Hightlights⭐️ Cymerwch olwg ar uchafbwyntiau #GemauCymru18 A ydym yn edrych ar Sêr y dyfodol? Ta… t.co/YXTvkoAZyl
- #WorldEmojiDay2018 t.co/3Cpc15yMof
- Dyma uchafbwyntiau #GemauCymru18 Check out the @gemaucymru highlights t.co/fpldFI6ZLM
- Teachers / Athrawon Don’t forget you need to complete the provision questionnaire to qualify for a… t.co/SwgM4BJKFE
- @torfaensport @Abersychansch @Abersychan_PE Fab work guys!