Sport Northern Ireland’s vision is to promote "a culture of lifelong enjoyment and success in sport which contributes to a healthy, fair and prosperous society". ...
National Lottery is getting Everybody Active in Northern Ireland
Belfast City Council has secured £1.5 million of National Lottery Funding to deliver Sport Northern Ireland’s Every Body Active 2020 programme which aims to encourage everyone to be more active, more often.Read more
New boxing club opens thanks to National Lottery funding
St Peter’s GAA Club and Phoenix Amateur Boxing Club celebrated the completion of their new purpose built boxing facility at an official opening ceremony in Northern Ireland.Read more
Sport Northern Ireland works in partnership with the Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure (DCAL) to deliver on Sport Matters: The Northern Ireland Strategy for Sport and Physical Recreation, 2009-2019. This Strategy sets out a new shared sporting vision of "a culture of lifelong enjoyment and success in sport", as well as the key strategic priorities for sport and physical recreation, and informs the direction of future investment – underpinning three areas: participation, performance and places.
Sport Northern Ireland uses money from The National Lottery and Government to support projects that will increase participation in sport and physical activity, enhance the sporting performance of individuals and groups, and improve the way that sport is delivered in Northern Ireland. Grants awarded by Sport Northern Ireland range in size from a few hundred pounds to buy new sporting equipment, to a few million pounds to build new sports facilities!
As well as awarding funding, Sport Northern Ireland also operates Tollymore National Outdoor Centre, and funds and manages the Sports Institute Northern Ireland (SINI), in partnership with the University of Ulster.
To find out more about Sport Northern Ireland visit their website.
- Are you a female interested in sport? Then why not celebrate #InternationationalWomensDay on 8th March at… t.co/RWvQbM6Rfi
- Could you make an impact as a Workforce Development Officer with @IABABOXING ? Here's your chance. Full details o… t.co/XblCp8GZ86
- Thinking about our approach to modern learning @AthleticsNI recognising the different between Coach Education (oft… t.co/HGkBxk8dxX
- Would you like to have your say when it comes to the consultation process for the next Women's and Girls' Football… t.co/vfgEpLl38I
- Thanks to the governing body staff who participated in today's Club & Workforce Development Network. Particular tha… t.co/z32OwQJdVv