Spirit of 2012 is the London 2012 legacy charity. So far, we have invested over £25 million into community projects in over 100 locations across the UK, benefiting more than 1 million people.
Spirit of 2012 is a funding charity, established with a £47m endowment from the Big Lottery Fund. We fund partners across the UK that provide opportunities in sports, physical activity, arts and culture, volunteering and social action. It was founded to continue and recreate the spirit of pride, positivity and social connectedness that people experienced during the London 2012 Games and we invest to create good outcomes for people and their communities:
- We fund sports, arts and volunteering projects to increase wellbeing.
- We measure the impact of these projects on people and communities and use that information to improve other projects.
- Our projects challenge limiting perceptions of disability and create inclusive opportunities.
- We work with expert partners to ensure our projects deliver the best outcomes possible.
Individual and social outcomes interest us more than numerical targets, inputs and outputs; a focus designed to enhance the projects we fund for both partners and beneficiaries. We have built a dynamic learning hub among the ‘Spirit family’ of partners to help spread and embed our insights and best practice.
- 100 years ago today Parliament passed the Qualification of Women Act which allowed women to become MPs. Our Chief… t.co/1rvKyADfWj
- Newyddion cyffrous i @cgwmathias a @CyngorGwynedd Edrych ymlaen! Exciting news for CGWM and Gwynedd County Learning… t.co/tUXql6pFT3
- The first Limited Edition #EmpowHER Call to Action has gone live. Joining with the Community Connect Project to sen… t.co/CkUHhWGYE5
- 🎈🎈🎈100 years ago today Parliament passed the (Qualification of Women) Act which allowed women to become MPs.🎈🎈🎈 At… t.co/NvjanwWwUR
- 🙌🏽What a great Call to Action for the festive season! #SocialAction #EmpowHER @BritishRedCross @Spiritof2012… t.co/iqgI09aljw