Tower Hamlets Air Cadets is the first new Air Cadet unit in London for over 40 years and was set up in response to the riots of August 2011. The squadron works with young people aged 13-20 to promote and encourage a practical interest in aviation and the Royal Air Force.
It also provide training and qualifications as well as teaching qualities such as leadership, self-discipline and good citizenship. The cadets attend parades on two evenings a week, in which the enjoy lessons on aviation and activities such as sports and music. Nearly every weekend, the volunteer staff organise cadet participation in flying, gliding, marksmanship, adventure training and The Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme.
- We were delighted to welcome ACM Sir Stephen Hillier, Chief of the Air Staff as our guest of honour tonight. A wond… t.co/sFjPxhbGvD
- Another very special guest, our Honorary President @FitzMP Jim Fitzpatrick MP t.co/Pch4rd5aac
- OC 31 Sqn RAF has joined us tonight and will be presenting some very special awards! #aircadets #whatwedo t.co/CmROktlUQ5
- Our awards night is underway! Delighted and honoured to be joined by so many special guests... lots more photos to… t.co/fpuCKc6Kau
- There he is! Well done CWO Kovac!!! #oneshow #bbc #AirCadets t.co/efehmpnDbG