Foyle Women’s Aid provides shelter for women and children affected by domestic violence in Derry, Northern Ireland. National Lottery funding of £50,000 has allowed them to create a safe outdoor space for residents to enjoy. Comprising of a tranquil garden with barbeque area and picnic tables and a children’s play area, the Secret Garden allows residents of the shelter some respite from the stresses of communal living in a calm outdoor space.
Foyle Women’s Aid is a value based organisation, prioritising respect, understanding, shared learning, trust in clients, providing a non-judgemental service and challenging negative and stereotypical attitudes and beliefs surrounding domestic abuse. Foyle Women’s Aid values self-help and aims to enable clients to help themselves. Furthermore, it promotes both the rights of women and that of people in general.
Their aim is eliminate abusive behaviour by supporting all victims of abuse through awareness raising and preventative educational initiatives.
Vote for this project for an award
- “We can’t just be telling women not to walk down the laneway alone, what happens if you live down that laneway? We… t.co/57dSFO2n2S
- 'How did you see that? I deleted it!' 🤳❌ Beware that what you share does not turn into a nightmare! Just because y… t.co/csdpbM3bUx
- Imagine a wee girl from creggan presenting to Parliament on domestic violence and ACES! we need to keep influencing… t.co/NvrdT5HIab
- UK SAYS NO MORE: "NO MORE EXCUSES" t.co/bQMp0wxfeS via @YouTube
- Irish mam who was victim of domestic violence makes move to help victims t.co/AP2Mx2LVpr