With the help of the National Lottery, the Derry Theatre Trust was able to realise their vision and build a world class purpose-built theatre, conference centre and community facility for everyone to enjoy. That funding was instrumental in transforming Derry from ‘city of conflict’ to City of Culture, 2013.
The Forum’s location is steeped in history as it resides in what was Derry’s artistic and cultural “quarter” during the 19th century. In a city that was once deeply divided, the centre provides facilities and entertainment for the whole community.
The Arts Council of Northern Ireland has continued to fund many projects within the Forum to both improve the building and educate the audiences through activities such as theatre workshops.
Today the Derry Millennium Forum is a shining example of how are has the ability to reach across boundaries, inspiring, teaching and bringing people together.
- Tomorrow is our last Market Day of 2017 (10.30am - 4.30pm), if you're out and about the town call in and check out… t.co/QKS3AbEq9n
- Had a ball at last nights Sold Out @MillenniumForum gig! Delighted to say we will be returning there on 28th June..… t.co/oYUkV1qLhI
- On the third day of Christmas, the Forum gave to me.. 🎁 A magical experience at the Millennium Forum's 2017 panto,… t.co/22R5yRpiX6
- "I laughed tears as I relayed the show to my family on my arrival home tonight" Read another incredible review of… t.co/NMDm6iiZBA
- On the second day of Christmas, the Forum gave to me.. 🎁 Tickets to Neil Delamere's 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundanc… t.co/2PuiVG0uIF