With the help of the National Lottery, the Derry Theatre Trust was able to realise their vision and build a world class purpose-built theatre, conference centre and community facility for everyone to enjoy. That funding was instrumental in transforming Derry from ‘city of conflict’ to City of Culture, 2013.
The Forum’s location is steeped in history as it resides in what was Derry’s artistic and cultural “quarter” during the 19th century. In a city that was once deeply divided, the centre provides facilities and entertainment for the whole community.
The Arts Council of Northern Ireland has continued to fund many projects within the Forum to both improve the building and educate the audiences through activities such as theatre workshops.
Today the Derry Millennium Forum is a shining example of how are has the ability to reach across boundaries, inspiring, teaching and bringing people together.
- ⚠️ BREAKING NEWS ⚠️ Globally acclaimed band, @snowpatrol, will perform in our venue on Friday 11th May 2018! Tick… t.co/3tzDQPylao
- Everyone’s talking about Flashdance UK Tour performing at the Forum all of this week! There’s still time to grab… t.co/XC8ULtvgDE
- G4 Official come to the Millennium Forum on 17th April for a fantastic new live show! They will be joined by some… t.co/LhafouiFfB
- Join 6 of Ireland’s top Country Music Stars for a fantastic Stars of Country Show at the Forum on 18th April! Featu… t.co/PJeMYVgTWc
- The next Energy of Light Disco takes place at the Millennium Forum this Friday (23rd March) Energy of Light is a mo… t.co/N3bfmu4znR