This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- Need help filling out a #funding application? Check out these great tips from @BIGScotland t.co/7JPjC2em30
- Congratulations @WeAreVisibility 🎉 t.co/6uilGrzt1n
- @UrbanRootsGLA Congratulations, do keep in touch!
- Absolutely fantastic news from Tayside as funding from @BIGScotland and @NHSTayside enable @mssocietyscot to provid… t.co/oXP7e6Iqe7
- @BipolarScotland Congratulations!