Since its inception AND has commissioned 60 new projects and worked with over 300 contemporary artists regionally, nationally and internationally. It was set up as a new partnership between FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology) in Liverpool, Cornerhouse in Manchester and folly digital arts in Lancaster, each of which engaged with digital culture in different and unique ways.I
n 2013, AND received additional funding to allow it to continue to deliver a world class annual festival of new cinema, digital culture and art. The programme will continue to be daring and inspire debate, producing work that is both critical and imaginative.The festival actively encourages artists and organisations in the creative industries to work together, looking at new ways to produce cinema, art and new media.
There is also support for productions that combine several art forms.This work will form the foundations of a secure and sustainable organisation which will allow the AND festival to return year after year and continue to expand and support the creation of new and exciting cinema and digital art.
- For London folk, or outsiders in the city this Tuesday this event looks 👌 who doesn't need experimental stereoscop… t.co/qas3PAkhMy
- Thanks for having @BarnabyFestival, we had a great weekend in Macc. t.co/hzmwHP9rQ8
- Thank you to @ace_national and @mxbritish for their support on My Wall Is Your Filter Bubble. We tour work across t… t.co/KE4A7m16GQ
- Only more day in Macclesfield for @BarnabyFestival, please send us your pictures if you come down and see us this a… t.co/Z6XcN5uptc
- New photos added! @BarnabyFestival - My Wall Is Your Filter Bubble with @ANDfestival and Digital Kaleidoscopes with… t.co/TyIBkzseDO