Since its inception AND has commissioned 60 new projects and worked with over 300 contemporary artists regionally, nationally and internationally. It was set up as a new partnership between FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology) in Liverpool, Cornerhouse in Manchester and folly digital arts in Lancaster, each of which engaged with digital culture in different and unique ways.I
n 2013, AND received additional funding to allow it to continue to deliver a world class annual festival of new cinema, digital culture and art. The programme will continue to be daring and inspire debate, producing work that is both critical and imaginative.The festival actively encourages artists and organisations in the creative industries to work together, looking at new ways to produce cinema, art and new media.
There is also support for productions that combine several art forms.This work will form the foundations of a secure and sustainable organisation which will allow the AND festival to return year after year and continue to expand and support the creation of new and exciting cinema and digital art.
- After originally being commissioned for AND Festival 2015, @marshmallowlf continues to globally tour the innovative… t.co/FdLqprweVz
- “...immediate and visceral and totally wonderful.” - @Corridor8 on Waterlicht by @SRoosegaarde #AND17 t.co/iWMqXd8FTJ
- Information Pollutant Steve Jobs in the toilet shrine of expert systems - scene from Plague t.co/OtCXRjtuLm
- "There is another internet looming in the future, that we can just see the vague shape of." We talk to @pwr_studio… t.co/Vr4cctnkjE
- Researchers have developed soft, self-healing skin for robots t.co/3Ugw6bReOy