Spirit of 2012 is the London 2012 legacy charity. So far, we have invested over £25 million into community projects in over 100 locations across the UK, benefiting more than 1 million people.
Spirit of 2012 is a funding charity, established with a £47m endowment from the Big Lottery Fund. We fund partners across the UK that provide opportunities in sports, physical activity, arts and culture, volunteering and social action. It was founded to continue and recreate the spirit of pride, positivity and social connectedness that people experienced during the London 2012 Games and we invest to create good outcomes for people and their communities:
- We fund sports, arts and volunteering projects to increase wellbeing.
- We measure the impact of these projects on people and communities and use that information to improve other projects.
- Our projects challenge limiting perceptions of disability and create inclusive opportunities.
- We work with expert partners to ensure our projects deliver the best outcomes possible.
Individual and social outcomes interest us more than numerical targets, inputs and outputs; a focus designed to enhance the projects we fund for both partners and beneficiaries. We have built a dynamic learning hub among the ‘Spirit family’ of partners to help spread and embed our insights and best practice.
Prosiectau gan ddosbarthwr
- @WOWtweetUK are looking for an experienced and passionate Programmer to lead on the planning and delivery of WOW in… t.co/vikzpK0gU3
- You are all invited to join @BeaconHillArts's annual celebration at @Playhouse_WB on Thursday. Grab your tickets he… t.co/XOIaixf4Lx
- Meet our Youth Advisory Panel member @thomasdcopeland - talking here about youth action, the @iwill_campaign and… t.co/LJxU8npgjr
- Almost 1 million people work in #localgov – follow #OurDay to find out how we keep your community running… t.co/9fkPqUOWIF
- supporting #iwill week - blog on how projects #FundedbySpirit and our Youth Panel are empowering and engaging young… t.co/MQFl8hUbfZ