The Beverley Folk Festival presents music, theatre, comedy, literature and film to local people and visitors in Beverley. The project aims to provide local people of all ages, abilities and social backgrounds with more opportunities to engage in the arts, and to put Beverley on the map as a creative centre.
Funding from the National Lottery has paid for the running costs of the festival, including artists’ fees, training of staff and volunteers, and the hire of venues and equipment. Funding has also covered the costs of publicity and marketing schemes to help promote the festival.
The festival has given all those involved a sense of personal ownership, pride and community. The project has striven hard to engage local people through participation - as volunteers over the festival weekend and through the year, organisers and performers. It has particularly engaged young people through involving them in important performances alongside professional artists. The festival has had a lasting effect on the area, having spent a great deal of effort in developing partnerships with local businesses, and holding other events throughout the year as well as the main festival.
- On the twelfth day of Advent, #BevFest gave to me another 2018 announcement! 🎅🏽☃️🎄 We're delighted to announce that… t.co/1QnvQZKpN9
- On the eleventh day of Advent, #BevFest gave to me the wonderful @LucyWardSings singing something a bit Christmassy… t.co/7e4m0Wkqs9
- On the tenth day of Advent, #BevFest gave to me two free souvenir programmes with ticket orders using code '2SPROGS… t.co/E6m7XR8HGW
- On the ninth Advent, #BevFest gave to me wonderful Christmassy entertainment from The Westwood Sessions at Beverley… t.co/GDpjbkPxXL
- Get your Winter Warmer full weekend discounted @BeverleyFest tickets here for a limited time only!… t.co/sF4L7jmP6q