Max Whitlock's Training Secrets
Olympic gymnast Max Whitlock takes us through some spectacular training routines as he begins his Road to Rio.Read more
How to Play Wheelchair BasketballRead more
National Lottery players fund more than 1,300 elite athletes. The Road to Rio series will follow seven of the most promising young stars as they prepare for the Rio de Janeiro Olympic and Paralympic Games.
You can read about each of the athletes in regular features here and in the Daily Mail. We’ll also be bringing you online blogs and video diaries, to really show what it takes and what life is like as a full time athlete.
The seven athletes are Katarina Johnson-Thompson, Chris Mears, Sally Brown, Harry Brown, Max Whitlock, Rebecca James and Adam Gemili.
You can check out Paralympian sprinter, Sally Brown in her first video blog above. There will be lots of exclusive behind the scenes videos shot by the athletes themselves coming up shortly, so please check back!
- @LottoGoodCauses Clare and all our volunteers are amazing - we couldn't do what we do without them!
- Don't miss @Kinetika's incredible large-scale #TilburyPuppet at today's #Windrush70 celebrations at London Internat… t.co/j98Cm64jqc
- #OnThisDay 1948 The SS Empire Windrush arrived in the UK. Read how #NationalLottery players and the Kingsway projec… t.co/3aV5PyaSyL
- @cathshanks @LottoGoodCauses @projektsmcr 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Projekt has been a HUGE boost for our skate skills progression. Th… t.co/2UhTfwim1l
- The Great Exhibition of the North @getnorth2018 starts tomorrow in Newcastle and Gateshead. It’s #ACEsupported than… t.co/oaVzRk1X2e