Max Whitlock's Training Secrets
Olympic gymnast Max Whitlock takes us through some spectacular training routines as he begins his Road to Rio.Read more
How to Play Wheelchair BasketballRead more
National Lottery players fund more than 1,300 elite athletes. The Road to Rio series will follow seven of the most promising young stars as they prepare for the Rio de Janeiro Olympic and Paralympic Games.
You can read about each of the athletes in regular features here and in the Daily Mail. We’ll also be bringing you online blogs and video diaries, to really show what it takes and what life is like as a full time athlete.
The seven athletes are Katarina Johnson-Thompson, Chris Mears, Sally Brown, Harry Brown, Max Whitlock, Rebecca James and Adam Gemili.
You can check out Paralympian sprinter, Sally Brown in her first video blog above. There will be lots of exclusive behind the scenes videos shot by the athletes themselves coming up shortly, so please check back!
- ‼️ How would you like to compete alongside a multiple Olympic medalist? Rebecca Adlington is looking for 2⃣ indivi… t.co/5qwrbSo9GL
- Congratulations to the 72 groups across NI which are sharing over £600K of #NationalLottery funding 👏 Small amount… t.co/jZu0nxzPoA
- OOTD: a #historic photograph of Hawker Horsley S1443 "M" of No. 36 Squadron, in formation with other aircraft, 1928… t.co/9F0TVXsDov
- This event scheduled in Dublin by @WordsIreland for 25 May. @ArtsCouncilNI @LottoGoodCauses t.co/kzSLWl0uN1
- Our warmest congratulations to Their Royal Highnesses, the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Wishing you the happiest… t.co/4DApY1Hx9f